Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretty Little Projects: DIY Bird Bath

My good friend Liv from Liv(e) is sharing some of her projects from around her pink house. I love a good project, the little things always make a big difference!

Kev and I collaborated on a project this month for the PH. I saw this teacup bird feeder/bath on a blog or random website (I honestly cannot remember where) and I thought it'd be a great addition to the front yard.


I mean, I had the idea, so I can still claim to be involved, but since I couldn't find sandpaper or glue when I was home alone one day, Kev ended up doing each phase of the project. And then he finished it and I saw it planted in front of the PH last Friday when I came home.


It was a simple project that we did in about a week- Kev found the awesome teacup and saucer at DI and used silicone to secure them together. He let it dry for a couple of days before using extra PVC from the basement as a post on the bottom of the saucer. He even went so far as to use a fitting slightly larger in diameter than the post so we can slip the saucer on and off when we want to relocate the post.


Whenever it rained I noticed that the birds are very interested in drinking from the small puddles that collect on the sidewalk and driveway. That's when I decided this project was right for us. Now the birds can perch on either handle of the teacup and take a sip from the cup rather than from the sidewalk. It's the least I can do to thank them for NOT eating the grass seed Kev spread last spring.


I loved seeing the little birds right outside our front window enjoying the seeds on their little yellow perch. I can't wait for this winter to end so Aspen can join me and Maddie in our birdwatching from the living room.

I LOVE this project!! So simple and cute, it makes me wish I had a yard. Thanks so much Liv for sharing your fun projects, we love them!

Do you have a pretty little project you would like to share? Are you interested in doing a guest post on a lil bird told me? Email us at alilbird3 (at) gmail (dot) com.

3 comments:

  1. What is "DI"? I have seen it referenced several times on your blog and I want to go shopping there!!! ;) Great ideas!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne0

    It is a local thrift store, Deseret Industries, http://www.providentliving.org/content/list/0,11664,2022-1,00.html.

    Similar to the Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails