Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Garden Fresh Pesto

'Tis the season for garden fresh produce. So, I thought I would share one of my favorite summer sauce recipes,

Fresh Basil Pesto.

2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves, washed and spun dry
4 Large Garlic Cloves (I use more)
1 Cup Walnuts or Pinenuts

*Combine these ingredients in your food processor bowl and pulse until combined. It should look like this:

Now add:
1 Cup Olive Oil (with the processor running)
when that is combined, add:
1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese

This picture makes me hungry! :)

Process that in and you'll have this:

Yummy!
You can toss it with any type of noodle, my kids like Penne. This is a great way to use Basil if you've grown it, and it's just a delicious recipe for summer. Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails